|22nd Annual Walk for AIDS benefits House of Mercy
Saturday, April 18th in Belmont, NC
We invite you to support House of Mercy’s mission by supporting our 2015 Walk for AIDS. House of Mercy has provided compassionate care for 311 low-income men and women living with AIDS since its founding in 1991. This year, our 3-mile walk will begin at 10 am on Saturday, April 18 on the Sisters of Mercy campus in Belmont, NC. Register at 9:30 am. Enjoy the camaraderie of hundreds to raise AIDS awareness and funds to benefit residents at House of Mercy. A picnic follows the walk on the House of Mercy grounds. Join us!
House of Mercy fulfills a critical need in our region: providing a home and compassionate care for low-income persons living with AIDS who can no longer care for themselves and face homelessness. By raising funds in support of your walk, you will help dramatically change the lives of those we serve.
Our goal this year is to raise $37,000. In addition to corporate sponsorships, we are seeking 50 teams or individuals to raise $500 to support our mission. Are you in? We depend on fundraising events, foundations and individuals like you for 80% of our operating expenses. The Sisters of Mercy provide sufficient funds to cover our administrative expenses so your donations support direct services for our residents including food, medications and 24-hour compassionate care.
HOW CAN I HELP?
Walk as an individual or with a team in our Walk for AIDS. Collect donations for House of Mercy in support of your 3-mile walk. See the ideas below to make your fundraising easy. It’s as simple as asking your friends and family to give! A team of 5 friends raising $100 each means $500 for a great cause! A Walk for AIDS T-shirt will be given to the first 250 participants raising $50 or more. Click here for a Walk flier and share with others.
HOW DO I START?
Organize a Team -
- Take a leadership role and create a team of walkers! Businesses, schools, clubs, churches and friends can participate as a team and carry their own banner. Click here for Team Captain’s Information.
- Challenge other individuals and teams to sign up! A little competition can bring out the “can-do” spirit in people. For example, high schools have formed teams of students vs. faculty for a friendly fundraising competition.
Walk as an Individual -
- Collect donations in support of your walk before April 18th. Click here for a Walk Donations Form to record your contributors’ donations. Turn in your donations at the beginning of the Walk on April 18. Donations are tax deductible and House of Mercy will mail thank you letters to all contributors with addresses listed.
- Text or Email your request for donations to your family and friends. Click here for a sample tweet and email to get you started. Promote your team on Facebook.
- Put a jar with a red ribbon for donations on your desk or at your place of business. Checks should be payable to House of Mercy. Let us know if you’d like House of Mercy brochures.
- Ask your church, employer or a business to sponsor your walk with a donation. Many businesses will also match funds raised for nonprofit organizations such as House of Mercy. Contact your employer’s Human Resources department about the possibility of matching funds and ask for the required paperwork before the Walk.
Make A Donation -
Can’t join us on April 18th? You can still help us meet our fundraising goal! Checks payable to House of Mercy can be mailed to House of Mercy, P.O. Box 808, Belmont, NC 28012. Note Walk for AIDS in the memo line. Donations by credit card can be made via this website by clicking on the Donate Now button. On the billing information page, indicate that your donation is for the Walk for AIDS.
Email your team name, goal and fundraising progress to email@example.com Team info will be updated on our website weekly.
WALK SCHEDULE: Saturday, April 18th
9:30 am Registration is at the stone shelter on the Sisters of Mercy campus in Belmont. Follow the red balloons at the campus entrances.
10 am Welcome; Walk Begins!
Noonish Picnic, Music and Awards Reception will be on the House of Mercy grounds on the Sisters of Mercy campus.
If bad weather interferes, you will be credited for walking the full route. Please turn in your donations at the covered stone shelter on the Sisters of Mercy campus in Belmont between 9:30 and 10 am on April 18, rain or shine. The outdoor reception will be canceled in the event of bad weather.
- Top Individual Fundraiser
- Top Team Fundraisers
- Best Banner (bring your church, school or organization banner or make one with an AIDS awareness message)
The Walk begins and ends on the Sisters of Mercy campus in Belmont, NC, just west of Charlotte. From Interstate 85, take exit 27. From Charlotte, turn left off the exit ramp onto Route 273, then turn right on Wilkinson. From Gastonia, turn right off the exit ramp onto Route 273, then turn right onto Wilkinson. Enter the campus on your left at the Sisters of Mercy sign and statue. Follow the walk signs to parking and the stone shelter. Click here for a map to the campus.
Please let us know if you are coming so we can plan for the picnic following.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-825-4711 x3 for more information.
YouTube video of the Walk made by Ty Barnes,
Sisters of Mercy Associate.